We are now hiring for our Office Manager/Bookkeeper position. (Part Time)
Title: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Reports to: Minister
Position Status: Part-time (Up to 22 Hours/week, minimum 16 hours on-site), Non-Exempt
The Unity Santa Fe Business Administrator position is responsible for managing the business and financial affairs of Unity Santa Fe and working with ministry leadership and congregants to achieve the USFe Mission and Vision. It is a ministry and the person in this position will be extending the ministry of Unity Santa Fe.
Areas of Responsibility
• Responsible for ministry accounting processes, including A/R, A/P, Payroll, and financial reporting.
• Completes timely filing of all tax, governmental, regulatory, and ministry reports
• Completes monthly reconciliation of all bank and investments accounts
• Responsible for deposits, maintaining financial records, including bank account records, files and archives
• Records minutes of Finance Meetings
• Maintains efficient and accurate business records for the ministry
• Develops, organizes and maintains office procedures, files and supplies for operational efficiency & access
• Manages personnel administration and records.
• Manages archiving activities and yearly maintenance of records in accordance with the Records Retention and Destruction Policy.
• Provides Sunday Service office support
• Participates in weekly staff meetings
• In coordination with Technology Team, facilitates technical support, as needed
• Supports minister in daily operations as needed
• Oversees Sanctuary/Facilities maintenance and supplies and works closely with Facilities Team
• Maintains timely updates for Facilities maintenance with vendors (Propane, Critter Control, yearly maintenance checks)
• Responsible for ongoing update of BOT Manual and Meeting records
• Responsible for managing the ongoing review and update of USFe Policies and Procedures.
• In coordination with Communications/Project Administrator, organizes and oversees all Annual Meeting activities and communications
• In coordination with the Prosperity Team and Communications/Project Administrator, develops annual Prosperity in Action Pledge Campaign materials and communications and provides on-going administrative fundraising support.
• Responsible for maintaining membership database, financial tracking & reporting
• Participates with the Minister, BOT, and other members in development and implementation of an effective growth and development program
• Experience in budgeting and financial management in a non-profit environment
• Computer hardware and software skills, including proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook, and fund accounting software such as Power Church Plus or ACS, which are church-focused programs.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Ability to multi-task, plan and organize activities within the ministry’s framework.
• Capacity for creative thinking and innovative ideas.
• Knowledge and experience in using good business management practices and procedures, i.e., leadership qualities; ability to work effectively with people; ability to delegate responsibility & wisely; flexibility; and the ability to learn and incorporate new ideas
• Some knowledge of universal Truth principles and commitment to practicing them.
Please email Admin@UnitySantaFe.org with resume or for more information.